Lamentations 3:23 Great is Your faithfulness
Sunday - 10.30am & 6.00pm
We welcome families with young people, couples and single people to attend our Services. Meetings include, praise and worship, Christian teaching, prayer and teaching for children. After the service we can meet in the cafe area for free refreshments.
Monday - Bible Study & Prayer - 7.00pm – 8.30pm
The first half we share teaching from the Bible, both the Old Testament and the New. There is an opportunity for those to share in the study. The second half is a time of open prayer where we seek the Lord to pray in line with His will.
*Tuesday - Coffee Bar - 7.00pm – 9.00pm
Open to adults who want to join for a cup of coffee, or tea, and a friendly chat. Once a month there is a Quiz Night, so if you feel you’ve got all the answers come along! We also organise Take away nights and an annual outing to get away from the hustle and bustle.
*Wednesday - Tea & Toast - 10.00am – 12.00noon
On this day we provide free tea, toast, bacon baps, along with a selection of jams & marmalade. It’s always good to have someone new to speak to and this is a great way to meet your neighbours and make new friends in a relaxed atmosphere. If you would like to come and join us just call in anytime, no need to book a table!
* At both these mid-week meetings, ministry from Leaders is available.
Thursday - Youth 4U - 7.00pm – 8.30pm
Youth 4U is a youth group for those between 10 and 16 years. It has been running for the last 13 years. It is held during term time by a team of dedicated volunteers who have had a DBS check. Facilities provided include games consoles, tuck shop, sports, games and outings. £1.50 entry fee per person.
Friday - Kent Street Kiddiwinks - 9.30am - 11.30am
Kiddiwinks is a play group for toddlers up to 3 years old and their parent/carer. It began on 8th September 2017 and is run during term time by a team of dedicated volunteers. The idea is for both children and their parent/carer to make new friends and enjoy their time together. There is a charge of £1 / family to cover cost of toys & refreshments etc.
KENT STREET COMMUNITY CHURCH
Job Title Church Support Worker
Location Latchford, Warrington
Hours 30 hours per week including Sundays
Pay Scale £20000 PA
Kent Street Community Church (Independent Methodist) is situated a short distance from Warrington town centre. The church has seen significant growth over recent years and is seeking to appoint a part time Church Support Worker.
We are seeking an experienced passionate worker with vision who will join the existing voluntary leadership team to work within the church to encourage spiritual growth and develop / build upon established contacts within the local community, with the aim being to increase the numbers of people attending.
The position is for 1 year with the possibility of this being extended for a further 2 years (subject to further funding from the Independent Methodist Association). The funding will be reviewed annually to ensure the project is heading in the right direction.
This role has an occupational requirement that the successful candidate must be a committed and proactive Christian and able to uphold the Statement of Faith documented on the Church website www. kscc-warrington.org.uk
Person Specification E= Essential D= Desirable
- Active personal Christian faith with a track record of spiritual development; proven involvement within home church E
- Strong believer in team ministry, with an ability to encourage and equip others and bring them on board E
- Be a self-starter, work under own initiative, with an ability to lead E
- Open to the gifts of the Holy Spirit and their operation E
- Good understanding of the Bible, with a desire to continue learning. This includes the belief in Biblical family values. E
- Willing to preach, lead Bible studies, prayer meetings etc D
- Experience of working within church and community groups D
- Experience of working with children and young people E
- Familiar with legislation affecting Churches eg safeguarding, GDPR, charity regulation D
- Ability to relate to people from a wide range of backgrounds and to engage with target groups D
- Musical / drama ability D
- Full driving licence with access to own transport. E
- IT literate, with ability to update Church website and Facebook as required. D
- To assist with the development of the Sunday morning service from monthly to weekly.
- To help develop existing weekly activities
- To develop and run a discipleship course.
- To raise the profile of the Church within the community, raising awareness off events and drawing people in.
- Connect and work with the local primary school.
This job description is not exhaustive, and amendments and additions may be required line with the development of the position
In addition to the salary stated, the use of a mobile phone and laptop will be made, and a mileage allowance will be provided.
The post will be subject to a probationary period of 6 months.
The successful candidate will be subject to all pre employment checks and will be required to apply for an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Further Details Contact Bob Sheldon via 07484170714 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Please send a CV and covering letter to
Esther Prescott, Kent Street Community Church, Latchford, Warrington, WA4 1BT
Closing Date 31st March 2020
Please note only successful candidates will be contacted for interview
What's On March 2020
1st Sunday Morning 10.30am - John Hayes
1st Sunday Evening 6.00pm - Dorothy Peplow
8th Sunday Morning 10.30am - Christianity for Beginners - The Bible
8th Sunday Evening 6.00pm - Jean Foster / Communion
15th Sunday Morning 10.30am - Greg Handley
15th Sunday Evening 6.00pm - Bob Sheldon
16th Monday Evening 7.00pm - Sarah Watkins
22nd Sunday Morning 10.30am Phil Donnelly
22nd Sunday Evening 6.30pm - TBA
29th Sunday Morning 10.30am - Arthur Chapman
29th Sunday Eveming 6.00pm - Merle Astley / Communion